High-res audio streaming playback via network
The CD-P800NT is a versatile CD player that, as well as conventional CD playback, also offers a built-in network audio capability compatible with DLNA 1.5(*). High resolution audio formats such as 5.6MHz DSD and 24-bit/192kHz WAV/FLAC can be played back from PC or NAS (Network Attached Server).
* Supports DLNA 1.5 Remote Play function.
USB ports also supports high-res audio playback
The CD-P800NT features two USB ports, one each on its front and rear panels. These USB ports support high-res audio files as well as MP3 and WMA, read from USB Flash memory. Via the front USB port, up to 5.6MHz DSD and 24-bit/192kHz WAV/FLAC are supported, while the rear USB port supports up to 2.8MHz DSD and 24-bit/96kHz WAV.
Supports Online Music Streaming services such as Pandora, SiriusXM (*) and Internet Radio
The CD-P800NT also let you listen to subscription online music streaming services over Internet, such as Pandora and Sirius XM (*), as well as conventional free internet radio stations (currently numbering more than 24,000 stations worldwide).
Another useful convenience feature is that favourite internet radio stations can be memorised (via PC) so that you are able to quickly recall them without first having to scroll through long lists of stations.
* Pandora and SiriusXM are available in the United States only.
* vTuner internet radio is a free service, however, a connection fee may apply.
“TEAC AVR Remote” Remote Apps for iOS/Android devices allow control via Wi-Fi
TEAC also offers a DLNA-based Remote App “TEAC AVR Remote” for iOS/Android devices, This app can be downloaded from Apple’s App Store and Google Play free of charge. Using these remote app you are able to control – via Wi-Fi – the playback of music files, as well as key functions such as play and skip.
Digital Direct connection and charging to iPod and iPhone
The front USB port supports iPod/iPhone digital direct connection. This means music files on the iPod/iPhone travel to the CD player digitally, after which they are then processed via the CD-P800NT’s high performance D/A converter. Finally, line-level signals are delivered via its high-quality analogue audio stage to your hi-fi amplifier. The USB port also supplies DC power thus charging your iPod/iPhone.
* Rear USB port does not support iPod/iPhone connection and charging.
BurrBrown PCM 1795 D/A converter
The high performance BurrBrown PCM 1795 D/A converter is one of the key reasons the CD-P800NT sounds so good. It comfortably processes high-resolution audio files such as 5.6MHz DSD and 24-bit/192kHz WAV/FLAC, files which contain a huge amount of data compared to conventional CDs.
NJM8901 Op-amps in the output stage
A pair of JRC’s NJM8901 op amps are employed in the analogue circuit. This ‘exclusively designed for hi-fi’ op-amp is also used in the Reference 501 series and delivers excellent bass definition, a wide soundstage, and impressive clarity.
Schottky barrier diode used in power section
A Schottky barrier diode is employed in the power supply section to supply clean current. Compare to conventional diodes, the Schottky barrier diode eliminates much more noise and supplies a cleaner and more stable current to every section of the CD-P800NT.
An easy to operate, large diameter control knob (with a ‘click to enter’ function) is employed for user convenience. This allows you to easily select internet radio stations or a particular song/album from what can be huge lists of music files on NAS (Network Attached Storage).
Multi-function Fluorescent Display
An straightforward, dimmable fluorescent display that shows artist names and song titles is fitted on the front panel.
Low power consumption (auto power saving)
In auto power save mode (user defeatable), the CD-P800NT automatically goes into Standby mode if hasn’t detected an incoming audio signal for more than 20 minutes.
- Plays back 2.8/5.6MHz DSD via LAN/USB flash memory
- Plays back 24-bit/192kHz WAV/FLAC via LAN/USB Flash Memory*
- Music streaming via LAN (DLNA 1.5)
- 32bit/192kHz PCM file playback
- Supports various Internet Music streaming services such as Pandora, SiriusXM and vTuner Internet Radio.
- Free Remote App for iOS/Android devices
- iPod/iPhone digital direct connection and charging (Made for iPod/iPhone)
- Plays back various music formats from USB flash memory
- BurrBrown PCM 1795 D/A converter
- JRC NJM8901 Op-amps
- Reliable CD Drive mechanism
- Fluorescent display with dimmer
- 2 USB ports on both front and rear panels
- Two RCA stereo line inputs
- 100Base-T Ethernet port
- Coaxial and optical digital audio outputs
- RCA analog audio output
- Headphone output with volume control
- Auto power saving function (user defeatable)
- Complies with RoHS